Vegan Burgers and Burritos Cookbook Review
Today I am sharing an awesome cookbook with you guys. Vegan Burgers and Burritos by my friend Sophia DeSantis. You probably already know Sophia from her amazing food blog, Veggies Don’t Bite. I think Sophia’s cookbook can be summed up in one word: FLAVOR. OK, maybe two words: EPIC flavor. Keep reading to get a glimpse inside + enter my giveaway for a book!…
Sophia, the author of Vegan Burgers and Burritos, is one of my favorite people that I have met through my blogging journey. She is an amazing soul filled with energy, fun, joy, compassion and sincerity. Not to mention loads of creativity. I love that both Sophia’s dynamic personality and her talent for creation are featured on the pages of her cookbook.
There are so many things I love about this cookbook, but besides the RECIPES – which I will get to in a moment – I love these little things..
– The dedication page. I have read my fair share of dedication pages over the past ten years and I have to say this one was the only one that I got teary-eyed over. It is a beautiful tribute.
– The titles. I love fun, authentic and/or quirky titles. I love plenty of Sophia’s titles for her recipes and book sections. I think my fave is the “Help! I Screwed it Up! (And Other Resources)” section. Can I get that for life in general please?
– The “Kids” notes. This is such a genius little addition to have in any cookbook! Sophia gives a kid-friendly recipe note for a bunch of recipes.
– The Photos. Sophia did an gorgeous job photographing these recipes. I dare you to browse and not have instantaneous cravings for, well, burgers and burritos.
– The Personality. I love how when I am flipping through these pages I feel like I am hanging out in Sophia’s kitchen while she tells me all about her amazing creations.
Oh and alllll the recipes.
A Whole cookbook of Burgers and Burritos? Yes. Oh yes. You need this book in your life. Fact: burger and burrito recipes are crowd-pleasers. And having a wide variety of ways to serve those lovable and cravable recipes gives a huge boost to your cooking + meal planning game.
Creative Deliciousness. Sophia’s epic creativity and flavor-mingling skills show us that there are SO many flavor and ingredient mash-ups that you can create for veggie burger and burrito recipes. And to top things off, she also shows us a truly mesmerizing array of vegan sauces. OMG these sauce recipes are insane. Oh, and there are also dessert recipes. Because, dessert.
So basically, this cookbook is so much more than your brain can even imagine. Don’t worry though because Sophia has imagined all the awesomeness for you.
Love veggie burgers? Love burritos? Love amazing sauces? Love amazing sides and even desserts? Then this is a cookbook that you might want to consider adding to your collection! Seriously, snag it for the sauces alone!
Here are a few recipe highlights that I am obsessed with:
(My comments in parenthesis.)
– My Big Fat Greek Burger
– The All-American Burger (classic!)
– Tex-Mex for the Win Burger
– Buffalo Wing Sliders
– A Curry Burger for All
– Apple Pie Gets a Face-Lift Dessert Burger (Swoon!!)
– Veggie-Packed Pizza Burritos
– Frito Pie Pouches (OMG, so fun.)
– YIAYIA’s Greek Burrito (YES.)
– Original California Burrito
– Wrapped-Up Chile Rellenos (This photo is amazinggggg.)
– Soph’s Nine Layers of Amazing (Chips in a burrito? Genius.)
– The Ultimate Mexican Churro dessert ‘burrito’ (So smart! This looks so good.)
– Fully Loaded Fried Banana Split
– Vegan Ranch – the real deal
– World’s Best Roasted Salsa
– THE Vegan Sour Cream (Love this recipe for sour cream!!)
– All-American Special Sauce
– Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce
– YIAYIA’s Authentic Tzatziki
– Smoky Seasoned Sweet Potato Fries (Always a good idea.)
– Mind-Blowing Chocolate Sauce + Sticky Almond Caramel for a sweet finish (Boom.)
Flipping through the pages in Sophia’s creative book actually reminded me a lot of my smoothie book. I remember how challenging it was to dream up 365 different smoothie recipes. But somehow my imagination just danced around a bit and I blended my way to recipe creativity. It was FUN. So fun. But we don’t all always have time to dream up (and tirelessly test!) the bits and pieces of those fun, creative recipes – so niche recipe books do it for us.
So with that, I offer up a giveaway for you guys!…
Buy Vegan Burgers and Burritos on Amazon.
Giveaway. I and going to buy one lucky reader a copy of both Sophia’s Vegan Burgers and Burritos cookbook AND my cookbook 365 Vegan Smoothies. With this dynamic duo, you will literally be eating so many delicious things for months and months and months. Smoothies, Burgers, Burritos, Sides. What more do you need?
Enter the giveaway below!…
ps. Sochi-Cat approved. So, you really can’t go wrong here..
disclosure: I was gifted a review copy of this book, and Sophia is indeed my friend, but all opinions are my own. This post also contains Amazon Affiliate links.